Strategies for Writing Compositions 6
Strategies for Writing Compositions is a series of six primary level books aimed at developing writing skills for a variety of text types.
Each unit introduces the features of each text type and provides focused practice on the planning, organisational and language skills for writing good compositions of that particular genre. The unit ends with a writing task that leads the student through the five steps of the writing process – planning, drafting, revising, editing and sharing.
A wide variety of topics and contexualized exercises ensure that the student’s interest is maintained throughout the course. With the comprehensive approach adopted in this book, it is hoped that the student will not only gain a better understanding on how to approach writing, but also build upthe skills to craft interesting and effective compositions of different genres.
- Unit 1 The Writing Process
- Unit 2 Personal Recount – Blackout
- Unit 3 Factual Recount – Mischief by Primary 6D Student
- Unit 4 Narrative (1) – The Pink Suitcase
- Unit 5 Narrative (2) – A Good Deed
- Unit 6 Note – Fridge Breaks Down
- Unit 7 Formal Letter – MiMi Bubble Tea
- Unit 8 Email – Meet-the-author Session
- Unit 9 Report (1) – Bigfoot
- Unit 10 Report (2) – Silk
- Unit 11 Procedure (1) – Dengue Prevention
- Unit 12 Procedure (2) – How to Tell a Story
- Unit 13 Exposition (1) – Saving Water
- Unit 14 Exposition (2) – Everyday Cafe
- Unit 15 Explanation (1) – How Sneakers are Made
- Unit 16 Explanation (2) – How does a Zipper Work?