Specialist Mathematics VCE Units 1&2 Second Edition (digital)
This new edition of the leading VCE Mathematics series combines authoritative coverage of the new Study Design with a proven teaching and learning formula and innovative digital resources to support ALL students to achieve VCE success. Our highly respected author team now draws on the expertise of additional experienced educators who bring their own classroom experience to interpret the new Study Design and provide logical topic development and rigorous questions that most effectively build student skills. Enhanced digital features including an Exam Generator, student workspaces and self-assessment tools, videos for all worked examples, auto-marked quizzes, Desmos interactives, and a range of downloadable activities, will give students the best assessment preparation available.
Providing the most reliable interpretation and delivery of the new Study Design, and now with additional, highly experienced educators on the author team, the proven teaching and learning formula of the second edition of this series is enhanced by a number of new features:
- Authoritative curriculum coverage of algorithms and pseudocode, including appendix support of the basic principles, and guides to the use of Python and the programming capabilities of CAS calculators for writing and implementing algorithms.
- A revised structure for General Mathematics Units 1&2, combined with Now Try This questions after worked examples to give students immediate practice, plus carefully graded exercises and explicitly labelled exam-style questions.
- More revision opportunities with dedicated revision chapters on groups of topics and a final chapter that revises the textbook.
- Practice opportunities for the Mathematical Investigation in Units 1&2 with the inclusion of several investigations in the review chapters of each book and additional investigations in the Online Teaching Suite.
- Tools for students to work independently and keep track of their progress such as Learning Intentions and Success Criteria, combined with access to fully worked solutions when enabled by the teacher.
- Access to new digital resources for the classroom and at home with workspaces and self-assessment tools available for all exercise questions, videos for all worked examples, revised and augmented auto-marked quizzes and access to auto-marked, multiple-choice practice exams created by the teacher.
- A new Exam Generator for teachers that allows them to create custom practice exams using previous VCAA questions plus additional VCAA-style questions with mark allocation and solutions.
Features you love
The second edition also retains all the features that have led to VCE success, including:
- Creative and rigorous questions to help students understand concepts and develop mathematical skills, apply maths in various contexts and prepare for exams.
- Videos of worked examples and worked solutions for every question in each course to support independently learning, build understanding and consolidate skills.
- Calculator activities, examples and guides for calculators in all courses, and technology-free questions in the Methods and Specialist courses.
- The powerful Learning Management System (LMS) – available with the Online Teaching Suite – combining task-management tools, testing, and a suite of individual student and whole-class reports.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS :