- Provides a comprehensive overview of the main forms of literature, explaining the key terms and techniques with clear definitions and numerous examples.
- Includes a historical timeline from ancient Greece to the present and a detailed glossary for quick reference.
- Covers a wide range of popular texts studied in senior literature.
- Outlines approaches to the main forms of responses to literary texts, including creative responses, comparing an adaptation to the source text, comparing different literary perspectives on a text and writing a close analysis of one or more passages.
- Includes complete sample responses to assessment tasks with detailed assessor comments.